Dietary considerations for chronic glomerulonephritis2017-09-23 15:05
(A) Principles and requirements of dietary therapy for chronic nephritis
(1) protein: if the long course of renal function damage is not serious, the protein in the diet does not have to be strictly limited, but the daily protein should not exceed 1 g / kg body weight.
(2) heat: heat needs about 35 to 40 kcal / kg body weight / day, all day 2 2000 ~ 2 600 kcal.
(3) sodium: sodium intake depends on the degree of edema and whether the high blood pressure.
(4) Vitamin content should be sufficient. When the condition worsens or the acute attack, should according to the acute glomerulonephritis diet principle or the kidney diet principle immediately.
In short, according to the appropriate stage of disease development corresponding to the corresponding treatment.
(B)Chronic nephritis at different stages of the diet therapy
Chronic glomerulonephritis in the various stages of clinical manifestations are not the same, diet should be determined according to the performance of each period.
(1) asymptomatic proteinuria or hematuria, urinary protein loss is not much (1 to 2 g / day), do not need to limit the salt. But if the loss of urinary protein more, or hypoglycemic protein, no azotemia, may be appropriate to increase the protein in the diet.
(2) chronic glomerulonephritis acute attack, edema or hypertension should limit the salt into the amount of 2 to 4g per day is appropriate. Highly edema should be controlled in a variety of pickles should be hanged, until the edema subsided after the sodium salt and then gradually increased. In addition to significant edema outside the drinking water should not be limited.
(3) chronic nephritis hypertensive patients with moderate renal impairment in order to control blood pressure, reduce the symptoms of edema, salt intake should be restricted to give less salt diet, severe short-term given salt-free diet, due to more into the salt Not only can increase blood pressure, and can increase kidney damage, so even if the blood pressure returned to normal, but also to light food is appropriate.
(4) renal dysfunction, should be appropriate to limit the amount of protein intake. When the patient's renal function was significantly reduced, do not over-limit the sodium salt, so as to avoid insufficient blood volume increased renal function and even azotemia.
(5) to give plenty of vitamins, especially vitamin C, because of the long-term chronic nephritis patients had anemia, vitamin C supplementation can increase the absorption of iron, so choose to eat tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, fresh jujube, watermelon, radish, cucumber, watermelon, oranges, kiwi fruit juice and natural food etc. Poor appetite can be added vitamin C preparations. At the same time should be more vitamin B and folic acid-rich foods, such as animal offal, green leafy vegetables and other foods, help to correct anemia. High potassium when you can not eat high potassium foods, to carefully use vegetables and fruits. Patients with chronic nephritis should avoid sugar beverages and irritating food.
If you have other kidney problems that can be viewed on other web pages, you can also consult online, or in your email, firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.